Lip shed issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Hello, I have not posted a topic on this site in awhile but I thought I should give it another try.

Anyways, my Blaze has had this lip shed issue twice in his life.

The first time, I managed to get the shed off.

The second time, I really couldn't get the shed off despite warm baths / toothbrush scrubs. After awhile, it finally managed to break loose and I gently rubbed it off without pulling it.

On a side note, when he gets this lip shed issue, it almost looks like he has an overbite but once the shed comes off then it doesn't look like an overbite anymore.

I finally managed to get the lip shed off today, but his scales are pretty dark under where the shed was. Is this permanent damage from how long the shed was on him?

Images of the issue (open the images in a new tab to enlarge).

With shed on lip.
O9lifHy.jpg

Without shed.
BGsyJLK.jpg

dJKhC2U.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome back =). I don't think there will be permanent damage. It sounds like he just has thick skin around his chin that is stubborn at shed time. My Darwin has a very similar issue. It doesn't open or look wounded so I don't worry about it much. It just looks like a dark/scabby area that is thicker skin and takes longer to shed than the rest of his mouth/face.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin's chin just shed along with a face shed and it now looks like a small dent at the top of his chin. It's all healed over and normal looking, just dented in and the thick part is off now. No harm appears to be done and it doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom