Limping left front leg

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
I think I’m going to have to take her to a rescue in Cleveland. She feels bloated today. She’s not turning Blackbeard though? I gave her some pumpkin - she did lick a bit.
I paid a lot to rescue her on Marketplace. A 75 or more gallon tank (front and top openings).
I think I just have to bite the bullet and give everything to them.
Ever since my 5 yr old rather big boy passed after a surgery, not had any blessings.
I’d keep the enclosure but I don’t know where to get another that is from a reputable source.
Maybe I’m just done.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I think I’m going to have to take her to a rescue in Cleveland. She feels bloated today. She’s not turning Blackbeard though? I gave her some pumpkin - she did lick a bit.
I paid a lot to rescue her on Marketplace. A 75 or more gallon tank (front and top openings).
I think I just have to bite the bullet and give everything to them.
Ever since my 5 yr old rather big boy passed after a surgery, not had any blessings.
I’d keep the enclosure but I don’t know where to get another that is from a reputable source.
Maybe I’m just done.
I would not give up on her --- keep offering the salads - why do you want to give the tank and her to a rescue- dragons can be stubborn - mine took years to get him to eat his salads - hes now 6 -

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
What about the bloating? I’ve never had this problem before. She went into her blackout hide and tried to dig for about a half hour.
My first one… he didn’t have many issues. I’ve had two others since. Mouth rot and broken jaw on next.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What about the bloating? I’ve never had this problem before. She went into her blackout hide and tried to dig for about a half hour.
My first one… he didn’t have many issues. I’ve had two others since. Mouth rot and broken jaw on next.
Wow were those all rescues? Your dragon is female she may be gravid - try feeling for eggs set up a dig box - I will post what you can use
LAYBOX

Plain topsoil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering how your girl is doing? Did you get a laybox made up
for her now in case she does have eggs?
Be sure & give her extra calcium in case she is developing eggs right
now.
Let us know how things are coming along.

Tracie

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Wow were those all rescues? Your dragon is female she may be gravid - try feeling for eggs set up a dig box - I will post what you can use
LAYBOX

Plain topsoil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.
Sorry I didn’t see this until now.
Yes, all rescues.
I suspected this yesterday though. So, I just felt around before I saw your post. And yep, I feel some round bumps.
Can I use a big plastic bin? Thats all I have here.
Does she need heat?
She hasn’t eaten in a few days and not much water. Will she have the strength?
Should I break down and give her some hornworms or mealworms?
She’s very lethargic so I better get this done today.

Ok, I’ve never been a mother.
I think I’m now a frantic mom!!!

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Hello,

Just wondering how your girl is doing? Did you get a laybox made up
for her now in case she does have eggs?
Be sure & give her extra calcium in case she is developing eggs right
now.
Let us know how things are coming along.

Tracie
Hi. I just responded to KarrieRee.
I think you’ll see it down somewhere. I haven’t been on here for about a week. She hasn’t eaten for several days. So hasn’t had any calcium for a bit.

Last edited:

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
LAYBOX

Ok, topsoil and sand 50/50? Any particular sand?
Put to in my tank with side cut out so she can get heat? My tank is only 17” high so I don’t know what to do???
I have an 11” clear tub…. Do I put in tank? How to do so she can actually get in it if I put that much topsoil/sand in?

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok, topsoil and sand 50/50? Any particular sand?
Put to in my tank with side cut out so she can get heat? My tank is only 17” high so I don’t know what to do???
I have an 11” clear tub…. Do I put in tank? How to do so she can actually get in it if I put that much topsoil/sand in?
LAYBOX

Plain topsoil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water. And yes I would use your heat lamp just make sure you watch your temps- the plastic tub is fine -- playsand

Last edited:

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
I posted another reply above this one.
She hasn’t eaten for about 5 days so no calcium . Should I offer her some horn or mealworms so she can have some strength. I also have a call into my vet. Hopefully she’s not “impacted” or whatever it’s called.
Thank you for putting up with me 🥴

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I posted another reply above this one.
She hasn’t eaten for about 5 days so no calcium . Should I offer her some horn or mealworms so she can have some strength. I also have a call into my vet. Hopefully she’s not “impacted” or whatever it’s called.
Thank you for putting up with me 🥴
Is she losing weight? Dust some horn worms w/ calcium or meal worms see if she will eat those-- I am going to have AHBD help you here
@AHBD

Last edited:

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Thanks…. Not sure if I need this or not. I’ll wait until AHBD responds to put it in. Because I’m also not sure how much moisture to add.
I think I should probably start another thread about Rico being gravid.

Attachments

• IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom