Limping after antibiotics shot

Cepeda

Hey so I took my bearded dragon to the vet today bc she was acting weird but she was walking just fine and all so they did blood work ect and they send me home with antibiotics injection but they put one there at the vet and she told how to put it and all that o have to find the muscle I think and ect but ok she was fine after like 1 hour and half she started limping and her arm is not stable I just want know if is normal or not.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey so I took my bearded dragon to the vet today bc she was acting weird but she was walking just fine and all so they did blood work ect and they send me home with antibiotics injection but they put one there at the vet and she told how to put it and all that o have to find the muscle I think and ect but ok she was fine after like 1 hour and half she started limping and her arm is not stable I just want know if is normal or not.
I don't know - we need Tracie to answer this - I am thinking the arm is sore now - it may take a day or so for the soreness to go away---
@Drache613

Cepeda

Original Poster
I don't know - we need Tracie to answer this - I am thinking the arm is sore now - it may take a day or so for the soreness to go away---
@Drache613
Yea that’s wha my mom was telling me but I just wanted to make sure and they gave me more antibiotics but I’m scared to put it since she seems in pain they told me to start putting it on Monday but ima call them and see if they can give oral antibiotics and thx a lot for answering my question🙏🏽

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yea that’s wha my mom was telling me but I just wanted to make sure and they gave me more antibiotics but I’m scared to put it since she seems in pain they told me to start putting it on Monday but ima call them and see if they can give oral antibiotics and thx a lot for answering my question🙏🏽
Ok let's see what Tracie says

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Yes, Karrie is correct. A lot of times, an injection can cause muscle soreness. They may have hit
a nerve perhaps which can make the area sore or sometimes even swollen.
She should heal up & the soreness will gradually subside so she can move around normally again.
I am not exactly sure on how long the soreness will last, it depends on whether or not a nerve was
hit.
Is she eating right now?
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom