Lil' youngin being stubborn about veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivar102

2013-07-04_13-18-46_268.jpg

Heres my 4-5 month old beardie. Shes real pretty and has a nice outgoing personality . But she just won't eat her veggies or fruits.

She loves her live food and thats all she'll eat. Ive tried to wave the leaves around and throw it so she'll want to eat it,but nothing works so far. Ive tried colorful fruits and veggies, and even cut them into small pieces in case they were too big..

Should i hold back on live food? Id feel bad doing it i want her to grow healthy. She was real skinny when i got her but shes looking good now.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
I've only had Slick for a couple weeks, so I'm by no means an expert. I tried all kinds of greens and fruit ect. Slick was not having any of it. He did take one bite of a mustard green when my son waved it in his face, but that was it. I finally saw a post where someone put veggies on their BD's basking spot. I tried greens and strawberries up there, and nothing. I finally put some butternut squash and some broccoli on his spot and he ate it! I know broccoli's not the best for him, but he will eat the squash now. Maybe they're just really picky and you have to find the right veg to entice them?

Blitzjg

I don't even have a bearded dragon but from researching I gather that they shouldn't be eating fruits and veggies until they are a bit older. When they are young their diets consist primarily of protein if not entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom