Lil Chrono not eating??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono88

Hatchling Member
My lil guy isnt really eating anymore. When I first got him about 2 weeks ago he ate fine...except for his salad. But now he is Maybe eating one or two worms (butterworms) and thats it. Hes active when he is out of his cage. Runs around a bit and climbs all over me. But while in his cage im not so sure just how active he is. I dont think its impaction. Hes never been on sand, and he has been pooing just fine since I got him. Could this be brumation or is this something I should be more worried about? Oh, he started shedding on his face and head. Could that effect his eating at all? Sorry if these are dumb questions, still new to the beardie world. Thanks in advance!

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Well, how old is your bearded dragon? And if you don't know, do you have an estimate? Also, what is the bearded dragon's size? Bearded dragons only really go through brumation when they're adult aged (or some have suggested "adult-sized").

Some bearded dragons will show some personality changes when they're in the stages of shedding; some get irritable, some show a lack of appetite or simply a disinterest in eating. That could be a possibility.

Some bearded dragons are just picky eaters, and will tire of certain foods. They'll go so far as to skip meals, and then only eat when they're too hungry to continue their "food strike." Perhaps try a different, healthy feeder and see if he starts eating.

Other than that, check to make sure your heating and lighting are right.

Mine wouldnt eat veggies ever when i first got him but i found out what kind he likes and he likes them alot try getting him mustard greens and watercress greens my beardie loves them and they are only about three bucks at the store and try crickets instead of worms mine never went for the worms when i got them but always liked crickets and they should only be about a buck a doz. And do you have a UVB light? oh and sand=bad idea use repi carpet or somethin like that cause I tried sand befor and it gets them dirty and can dye their skin plus you dont want it to get in their eyes I kno it looks alot better and its easy to clean but its really not a good idea

Chrono88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im not sure of his age but certainly not adult. Hes about 6 or so inches from head to tail. I do have a uvb lite and heat lamp. He is on tile and repti carpet and the guy before me had him on paper towels, so no worries there. And I've tried a varity of thing to get him to eat. Baby hornworms, butterworms, reptiworm and crickets. He wont eat. He hasnt hardly moved from the spot he is laying in since last night. :(

Chrono88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I woke chrono up (gave me the stink eye for it) and managed to get him to eat about 5 small reptiworms. After that he would run away if I offered him another. He is now basking in is fav spot, on some drift wood. Hopefully he will eat more later.

Chrono88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well, i got grumpy pants to eat 2 small butterworms. he face is certain itchy though. before he didnt like me touching his face. now he likes it when i take the pad of my finger and rub the side of his face next to his ears. lol he closes his eyes and tilts his lil head in and everything. to cute.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
my little one didn't eat much over a week because of shedding, He was also a little grumpy to, hes back to eating good this week.

mine likes it to the whole face itching i dont think there is anything wrong with it he always is like that try greens in between live

Chrono88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well he finished a little shedding on his lips and nose. It looks like his ears and front legs are next. But it seems the hunger strick is over. He ate about 7 reptiworms this morning and he just ate 2 hornworms that were roughly an inch long. So hopefully he will eat at least some of his salad inbetween now and his next live feeding. He is still grumpy pants though. lol

Chrono88

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've given him a varity in the hopes i'll figure out what he likes. I've given collard greens, kale, bell pepper, butternut squash, peas, blueberries, blackberries and bananas along with some bright colored bearded dragon pelllet that I soften and mixed in. Eat wont eat it. If I offer it, he'll do a quick taste test, then turn his head away or run off. The only things eating it or the few crickets hiding in his tank.

hes just a juvie is he not? cause he might not eat veggies for a while or fruit mines the same he only eats mustard greens and watercress and every once in a while collard very picky about what he eats. i give him his veggies befor i give him crickets just so if he is hungry he will eat some of that 1st then crickets and i dont kno how well their taste is but collards just taste like grass and as for pellets mine would never touch them im not sure why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom