Lighting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoolife

I am in the process of changing the lighting in Henry's tank. We currently have a reptiglo 10.0 coil light. Yeah I know, not the best. Problem is I live in an area that does not have any decent pet supply places. I was able to find a plant growth light at walmart (which is a 30 min drive one way) today that is the size that I need. Would it be alright to use that in place of the reptiglo until I can get a reptisun 10.0? Or would that be a good alternative altogher? I've got enough $$$$ invested in a month and a half that if i could save that would be great, but don't want it to have to cost me more in the long run.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
How soon will you be getting the reptisun 10? I don't know if that bulb will be any better, and maybe you can just take the coil bulb off of him til it comes..

zoolife

Original Poster
It could take up to a weekor so, if it dont' come fed ex, we don't get it. Thank god for the internet somedays.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, the plant growth light won't give off any ultra violet rays and that's what you need in a UVB light. Your beardie would be better off without any UVB light on for a few days and even closer to a wk rather than using the coil bulb. Here's a site that shows the bulb that you would need and make sure you get a strip fluorescent bulb like this: http://www.petmountain.com/product/bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-high-output-uvb-bulb.html This is the place that has it the cheapest & is a great company to deal with. You could go to Walmart, Home Depot or Lowe's and get a standard fluorescent light like you would use over a kitchen sink, in a basement or in a garage, remove the bulb that comes with it, replace with the UVB, making sure to leave the plastic cover off. Or you could get a strip light hood at a petstore but you would end up spending more money that way. Let us know if we can help further.

[Moved from General Discussion forum to here since it was about enclosure items]

zoolife

Original Poster
Thanks for all your help. Just went to pet mountain and ordered a bulb hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
zoolife":bd37b said:
Thanks for all your help. Just went to pet mountain and ordered a bulb hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

You should have it by the end of the week. Their standard shipping is 3-5 business days. There is a map here that shows when you can expect your delivery. I have one on the way, too. I am hoping I get it Wednesday. I ordered Friday.

http://www.petmountain.com/content/37/shipping-rates.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom