Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breleigh

Hello, I have a question. I seen in the information here that the uvb light should be across the whole tank right? I'm trying to make sure I'm going to do it right when I set up. These other groups about bearded dragons say to only put it on the basking side. So it's a little confusing to me. They also say it should be anywhere from 10 to 14 inches away bunt inside the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I have a question. I seen in the information here that the uvb light should be across the whole tank right? I'm trying to make sure I'm going to do it right when I set up. These other groups about bearded dragons say to only put it on the basking side. So it's a little confusing to me. They also say it should be anywhere from 10 to 14 inches away bunt inside the tank.
If your tank is 40+ gallon you want a 24" fixture-- they say 2/3 of the tank but I usually recommend 1/2- you want to give him room to bask w/out hiding from the uvb-- good fixtures are zoo Med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a sunblaster nano tech 6400 bulb-- depending on your screen will determine where it gets placed along w / distance-- this is crucial

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Stupid question but do I get a 24" bulb for the 24" fixture? Lol
22"-- make sure your using a CLEAR bright white basking bulb - No daytime bulbs they have a neoydium coating bad for the eyes No colored bulbs No off white or yellowish bulbs- you need 2 digital probe thermometers stick ons are ok for air/ ambient temps- when you get the uvb I can help you place it - depending on the screen will determine the placement and distance

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tank wise, is diycages.com a good site?
I don't anyone on this forum that has a tank from them - a lot of people have zen habits PVC tanks or Carolina cages -- zoo med kits terrible expensive and a bunch of stuff you won't use - also dubiaroaches.com is now selling the 4x2x2- I have 2 zens- I like them alot only draw back is the acrylic doors but you can get glass for them -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom