Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a crossfire cage that I built 60 X 24 X 24. It has plexiglass for the front sliding doors. I have a 48" Reptisun in it. I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea of wattage for a basking lamp and CHE. It stays about 75 degrees in the room at night but it only stays at 65 or so during the winter. I live in South Central Nebraska if that helps. Any info would be appreciated. I will be getting my first Beardie baby next Friday and I wanna be ready for him.

Critterlover

jarich

Juvie Member
Really doesnt sound like you will need the CHE to be honest. If it only gets down to 65F at night, thats still fine for them.

As for your basking lamp, it really depends on what 'furniture' youll have in there. Obviously if you have a big climbing branch that allows the dragon to get close to the light, it will be different than if you are just pointing it at the floor. I think generally most of us use between a 75-100 watt bulb for the basking area though.

Critterlover

Original Poster
Thank you for your help. I have a basking spot made of styrofoam and it sits about 10 inches under the light. Do you think that will be ok?

jarich

Juvie Member
Made of styrofoam? Is it covered in grout or some similar hard covering? Exposed styrofoam would not be good as a basking platform no.

Critterlover

Original Poster
Yes, it is covered in 5 layers of grout, 3 layers of paint and 5 layers of Mod Podge. Do they prefer a flat basking spot or a branch? Just wanna make him feel at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom