Lighting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbelanger

Hey guys, so I ordered a 160 watt SB MegaRay and it should be arriving on Thursday. Yay! I've got a deep dome reflector for it and it will be used in our 120 gallon tank (5' x 1 1/2" x 2'). Now when we bought the tank, the guy gave us overhead florescent lights that run most of the length of the tank. We were planning on using this for background lighting and keeping the tank bright enough for our girl. But I was wondering if we could replace those bulbs when they burn out with a ReptiSun 2.0 or something because they're really cheap at the pet store and probably cheaper than regular florescents. Seeing as the tank's 2' tall, wouldn't the UV not even get down far enough to affect my BD? Are the ReptiSun 2.0's unhealthy or bad for my BD? It's not too big of a deal, but it'd be a great money saver to be able to purchase those instead of regular 4' florescent bulbs. They sell them at the pet store for a $1.

Thanks guys! Tanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom