Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
104815-812230614.jpg
104815-2711090953.jpg

So all of my other terrariums are really small or prefab this was my first attempt at a build of my own. I am having some trouble finding a good temp. As seen in the one pic I have 2 of each bulb and a couple lower wattage. Currently with the 4 shown hotside is almost 100 f at the floor I ran with 1 heat dual UVB and got 85 f at the floor. The UVB I got didn't have a reflector so I put some tin foil there to reflect more UVB down. Just wondering if I am on the right track.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You might need to upgrade to a T5 UVB tube rather than using that T8, especially without a good reflector. Even with a polished reflector, a T8 is not very effective beyond about 20cm. A good T5 bulb will be optimal at around 30cm in most cases.

As far as the basking light goes, I'm not a fan of that series because it uses a neodymium coating which filters some wavelengths of light (visible yellow I believe) which could make things look distorted to a dragon. I suggest using a bulb that doesn't have neodymium coating on it. I've found halogen bulbs to work quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom