Lighting help/suggestions needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinws6

I have a 55 gallon aquarium that is 20 inches tall and a r-zilla comb fixture that takes a 48 inch t5 bulb. I noticed the r-zilla uvb desert t5 bulb and all the others i've find say effective up to 12 inches. I've seen ones effective up to 20 inches but they are not t5 and will not fit. I just bought the light fixture for 130 and really like the setup. Does anyone know of a 48 t5 that would be effective with that size tank? Thanks

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm not sure how much I can help. From all I've read, you don't want to use any coil/compact bulbs as they don't give out good uvb. The Zilla bulbs, even the long tube ones are not good uvb bulbs either. The best ones to use are, first the Mercury Vapor Bulbs, such as the Mega Ray or the T rex. If you need to use a fluorescent: use the Reptisun 10 the long tube. The best place to find them is online. I've ordered them from petmountain.com. The important thing to use is the correct uvb as the wrong ones can cause damage to beardies, especially babies

Justinws6

Original Poster
Thanks! I've decided to go with the Zoo Med Power Sun UV, should I get a 100 Watt or 160 Watt? Also should I add any other lights to the tank? It's 48 x 12 x 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom