Lighting help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmorrow84

Hello my name is Tiffany. We recently got a new baby beardie. We also just recently lost a baby with cocidia and giardia. I'm redoing all my lights since I found out there all wrong. So first I used a reptisun 10.0 cool bulb for 2 days. I found out that the coils are hard on there eyes and I shut it off immediately but Simce those two days he's eyes have become squinty I'm not sure if they usually do this. I also suspected that the 100w intense basking bulb was to intense so I swapped it out for a daylight basking bulb.could either of those be a possibility? Also his stress marks make me nervous as they say to give them two days to settle in an we did but his stress marks have not gone away yet. We will have had him a full week on Tuesday. He's spots are totally gone at night while he sleeps. So either he's not settled in yet or his lighting has him stressed. I do need to buy a new uvb light but have been looking for a mountable one for inside the tank. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm at work right now but when I get home I will measure his basking areas An post them an some pictures of him An his home. We just want to make sure he's happy and healthy our last run was very scary and challenging. All the help is Greatly appreciated!!!! Tracy of you happen to see this could you e mail me. I'm not sure why your not receiving mine. It's [email protected]. I had some questions on all the supplements I bought for shadow An wanted to know what I could use as a preventative for our new baby for his cocidia levels. You k ow you only have two weeks to return them and I don't think that's enough time for him to totally de stress so even if I tested his still right now it would probably read higher than he was if he wasn't stressed. I just want to make sure he's healthy N keep him that way.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
A coil type uvb, doesnt put out the proper uvb frequency for dragons. They can cause eye irritation, eye infections and/or blindness over time. I highly recommend that you change it out for a more suitable uvb source. I use a Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO . There are a few out there that supply "as close to" what they need as is available on the market today. The Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO or, the Arcadia 12%D3 are the ones to look for, though I would love to have the Arcadia set up, they are a bit more pricey.

Tmorrow84

Original Poster
Ok thanks so much! Do u recommend putting it inside the tank for the best results and if so how do I do that? I shut off the cool bulb I figured no uvb was better temporarily until I figured out what to get. I hope it didn't effect him too much. I hate that they sell stuff that causes blindness. What's there problem!!!! Oh I wish I could change the world in one day. Ha ha.

Tmorrow84

Original Poster
So the amazon bulb isn't the bulb I want but rather the slimline fixture I think it would be easier to mount inside the tank. But I can't find just the fixture without the bulb. The other picture is the Arcadia bulb that amazon carries is that the correct bulb? Thanks

Tmorrow84

Original Poster
This other fixture says it's a t5ho so I think it would support either the Arcadia bulb or the reptisun 10.0 t5ho

Tmorrow84

Original Poster
THANK YOU THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!! His basking area has a rock decoration that has different levels of basking and the total height of tank is 19" with screen top the rock is 4 1/2" tall. Then we have a cork basking ramp and that at its tallest point is 12 1/2" so it's only 7 1/2" from the top of the tank. Is that too high? He spends most of his time up there on the high end he uses the low end of the ramp but not as often. So would I still want that same bulb set?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the bulb is sitting on top of the tank through mesh then I'd just keep it as-is. If he has plenty of options/levels available it shouldn't be a problem and he will move around to self regulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom