Lighting/Heating Big Enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarich

Juvie Member
Taterbug":1fqer6tv said:
Jarich, Do you happen to know where incandescent globes score on UVA?

Ok did a bit of testing and they produce almost none. A 100 watt at 3" gave a reading of 22 um. Pretty horrible seeing as how normal halogens give off around ten times that much at 12" and HID lights around 100 times that at 24".

Kryton

Original Poster
The bulb and the tube came in yesterday. Installed them,waited a little while and the temps on the cool side shot up to 91.6*. So I decided to rearange the tank and drop everything down. I did away with the basking(plastic) tree he stayed on and his hammock(for now).Went out and purchased some decorative bricks plus picked out a good flat rock that I had in the yard, cleaned them up and redecorated Sarge's Viv. Everything is much lower now and temps are a lot better. Although I am still trying to get his basking spot at the right temp. I have plenty of bulbs to choose from for that LOL. Just waiting to see how long it takes this rock to heat up. It is kinda big. I also opened the tank up to 4' so he has a wider range of temps. I will post pics of the new setup in a little while.

Kryton

Original Poster
Here is the photo:
IMAG0026_zpsfht2116j.jpg"

Kryton

Original Poster
Thank you
Was trying to upload the pic in the right way. How did you get the link to work correctly? Thought I was doing it the same way I have done it before.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I took the image url out of the site code that was posted and just put it between img tags.

"http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu279/jmitchell66/IMAG0026_zpsfht2116j.jpg"

Crewdog00

Hatchling Member
You guys are too funny. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
I have posted all my pics on Facebook and then copy the image address. All my "Friends" think I am OCD and weird. Posting pics of Spike and his tank and marking the temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom