Lighting for a deep 90 gallon tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScootScoot

Original Poster
hehe Im in Ky and yes they are turned off at night (Timers) right now the livebroadcast has a picture from earlier today because I was having some difficulties with my my Mac and the justin.tv broadcasting service :-( IM planning on getting up again in the next few days or so

ScootScoot

Original Poster
Well the cam is back up and running, what ceramic heat lamp should I get? I live in a victorian house so its kinda drafty at night and I want to make sure the heat stays at a nice night time temp ( 75 or so)

dragons1222

Juvie Member
how cool a drop down to 62 or so is perfectly fine

but if you do need one any ceramic heat emmiter will do

i havent heard anything about any specific brands or anything

ScootScoot

Original Poster
It drops into the 50's sometimes (Not often but it happens) during the summer it will not be a problem but I would think temps into the 50's would be way to low for a BD :-(

dragons1222

Juvie Member
lol yes 60 is lowest reccomended temp for a drop

if it gets to 50 i would get a pretty high wattage b/c they only raise 5-10 degree depending on the wattage so i would go with the higher one

but then on days when it is not really cold but just kind of cool you would need less so idk lol

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
She is very cute! Sorry, I been busy over the holidays and stuff but I'm back now :D Diamc contributed a lot of great info and so did dragons1222. After 5 or 6 months, you should get a Reptisun 10.0 to replace your reptiglo. They need to be replaced every 5-6 months. Ceramic heat emitters are good for cold winter nights, I would recommend getting one. Your setup looks great!
Edit: If you are going to go with the reptisun after 5-6 months, make sure she can get within 6-8 inches of her new bulb. You may need to get higher logs. I checked on her webcam, she is so pretty! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom