lighting fixtures for a 4ft tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray01

I was wondering what other size fixture i could use for my tank other then 36". It is impossible too find a 36" t8 fixture here in vancouver. I can get lots of t5 or t12. The only t8s i can find here are 24" or 48" and they run around $50.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Did you look on amazon.com? I'm not sure how it works, as I'm in US. What size tank do you have? And you have a 36" bulb but no fixture?
I can try to help, just a little confused what you have and what you need.

I know here in the US you can get 36" t8's pretty much any where, Walmart, lowes or any hardware store.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
If you absolutely cant find a 36", the next size down would be 24", but that would only cover half your tank. If your beardie spends most his time on one side, you could put it towards that side to make sure hes getting enough uvb. You want to make sureits on the basking side though, next to the basking bulb.
Have you looked on amazon.com, ebay or lightsofamerica.com?

And have you checked hardware stores?
I know you can get one from petmountain.com, but its a reptile fixture, so its a little more expensive than a cheap under counter fixture.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I use a 24" UVB light in my 4x2x2 without any problems. :) I used to have an under-the-counter fixture, but I recently got the ReptiSun hood and I really like it. Definitely worth the extra money, IMO. I put it on top of shelving brackets that I mounted in my viv.

DSC02620.jpg

RB1

24 inch fixture is fine,i have a 4x2x18 critter condo which came with a 24 inch fixture and it works great,tho i also added a UVB reflector to gain even more UVB inside of the enclosure.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not sure if the reptisun hood has holes in the side like the under the counter fixtures do, so I'm not sure if you can use command hooks, but you can use shelving brackets like Jess mentioned, or industrial strength Velcro. Either will work fine, the velcro may just be a little easier, where the brackets may be a little more secure in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom