Lighting fire - Zilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an unfortunate event happen. I replaced a basking bulb Sunday night and not sure if it was defective or what went wrong but it broke apart, caught on fire and melted the corner surround and cracked the glass in the corner of one of my 40 gallon tanks.

I wanted to give zilla a chance to take care of things before I commented either way. But upon contacting Zilla (who I have great success with previously) and they said to return the bulb to petsmart and contact petsmart headquarters if I want the tank replaced. Since I have had the tank over 90 days it is out of warranty so I am more then likely out of luck.

Nothing on the box having batch number etc. and nothing left of the bulb to get information off of it. So I can't give any information for others to check to see if they have one that might be a potential problem.

Not real happy after communications with Zilla. Now I have to decide if I continue to use their products.

rdwhahb

I don't see how petsmart is responsible for the tank? You think zilla would want the bulb or the remains of it to try and figure things out. I would think that Zilla should replace the tank as well. These are just my opinions and don't want to start any war lol.

I am glad that every one is okay!!

shootthebunnies

Original Poster
rdwhahb":27pkifyk said:
I don't see how petsmart is responsible for the tank? You think zilla would want the bulb or the remains of it to try and figure things out. I would think that Zilla should replace the tank as well.
I am glad that every one is okay!!

I would have to agree. I talked to petsmart reps today and they said the same thing since it is past the exchange date (90 days) and the tank in itself was not defective there was nothing they could do. Makes sense to me.

Relayed that info to Zilla today so we will see. I did get over to Petco and pick up a 40g at the $1 per gallon sale just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom