Lighting/ basking platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully I can get a better answer then I have. I'm building a background and decor for my baby dragons 40 gallon enclosure and I really want to utilize the height but I don't want her to get to close to the bulbs. Can I use a lower wattage basking bulb so I can raise the basking platform up higher without it getting to hot? What's the closest the T5 uvb10.0 on top of the screen should be?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Depending on the screen you can have it on top but the screen MUST be a wide hole type any fine mesh like a screen door the screen is going to block 30% of the rays --- top of screen for a wide hole 8-10 inches w/ the basking decor directly under it --- inside the tank 12-15 inches directly underneath ' basking bulb you dont want it any closer than 6"

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Be sure to post some pictures of your tank so we can have a look at the lighting & the
placement for you. The T5 tube is a great light so as Karrie suggested for the distance,
that would work out well.
Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom