lighting and heating matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtf2605

I have had my beardie now for two days. i was doing some reading and i heard that you should have a night light. is this the case.
when i got my beardie and starter pack, i ? the fact that i was given a heat matt saying that i may burn the beardie. the matt is conected to a thermostate so cannot get to hot max of 88.
What do other people use.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Lights at night and under the tank heaters are two things that you definitely do not need for your beardie. First of all, any light while they are tyring to sleep will disturb their patterns and can make them ill by causing them to not eat, etc. Second, they cannot feel the heat under their bellies, so the heater is kind of useless. With the weather getting warmer, there shouldn't be a need for an extra heat source anyway. As long as your house (YOUR house) doesn't get lower than 65 degrees at night your beardie should be fine without the heating pad. Your enclosure should retain some of the heat from the light being on during the daytime so he/she should be fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom