Lighting advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyMoo98

So yesterday I got my beardie a 90-gallon custom wood tank and we are having some trouble with the lighting. We tried a 100 watt and it was too much ( 110° degrees +), she was hiding so we removed it. Now we are trying at 75 watts but it's only) 96.5° degrees. Is there any way to find a happy medium?
If it helps she is 6 yrs old.
She has a reptisun T10 10.0 UVB tube light so she is good on that front.
Below are pics of the tank (more hiding stuff etc is to be added)
99094-8823545752.jpg
99094-7649094597.jpg

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,

Is there any way to suspend the light or does it have to be where it is? I recently built a new viv for mine and spent a bit of time with the IR gun trying different cord lengths as I am suspending my basking light from hooks on the underside. In my setup, there's a significant air gap between the lamp and the 'ceiling', so I'm not worried it may get too hot & start a fire above it, but that'd be something to consider if the lamp ended up real close to the underside.

MollyMoo98

Original Poster
no i have no way to suspend it, its right against the wood but doesnt seem to be causeing any problems burning wise. we just need to get the tank a little hotter

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try a higher wattage bulb (halogen or incandescent) and connect it to a dimmer switch or dimming thermostat. That way if you can get close with the wattage you can fine tune the temps a bit by dimming slightly if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom