lightin for my Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiningdragon

Hi,
my name is Connor.

i just got my beardie five days ago and i bought everything the store associate said i needed.
i bought a "Repti Basking Spot Lamp" it is a 75 watt basking lamp.

i put this light on the top of the screen above my rock that i have in my tank. is this the right lamp and is there another type of light i should buy to light up the rest of the tank? if so what type of light?

i also bought a heat pad that goes below the tank and heats up that area. what should i put over that pad and what should i put on the cool side?

thanks a lot

Connor

kk for starters you need to make sure you have a uvb light for the tank, the basking bulb only puts out heat and uva, lizards need uvb light inorder to grows properly and have strong bones. For a uvb light i would suggest a reptisun 10.0, you can buy them cheap on ebay or at petmountain.com. The size of the uvb light really depends on the size of your enclosure, if you could tell me the dimiensions of the enclosure i could tell you what size reptisun 10.0 to buy.

Shiningdragon

Original Poster
thanks for returning my question.

the dimensions for my enclosure are 12X30 inches. also if you need the height it is also 12 inches.

thanks for the help
Connor

Kk, I would use an 18 inch reptisun 10.0 uvb tube for the rest of the cages lighting you can by the bulb online or at a pet store, but it would by the lighting fixture(the thing that holds the bulb) at any home improvment store to save some $$$ make sure to bring in the bulb when you go to the home improvement store so you can get the right fixture. And by the way make sure you have a good thermometer, because your temps need to be accurate, 100-115 on the hot side and about 85-90 on the cool side.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW BEARDED DRAGON, hope everything works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom