Light fixture mounting - ideas please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VogueStar

Hello all! :D I recently upgraded my beardie from a 55gal. to a 60-65 gal. cage.My question is how do I hang my light fixture :!: :?: :!:
I have a 36' light fixture and a split lid cage. For the time being I have the light over the top of the cage, but I really don't like this for obvious reasons. I would like to hang the light from the inside of the cage. Yet I cannot use the bar in the middle for support as it already has a crack , and I do not want to put weight on it although Iam sure it would hold. I thought about getting some adhesive mounting hooks and drilling holes in the back of the light fixture....But I dont really like this idea..and I just cannot think of another way to mount the light fixture onto the glass... :?: :arrow: any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

49' long 16' deep and 17' tall 60-65 gal cage dimensions :mrgreen:
100_3269.jpg

100_3271.jpg

100_3272.jpg

100_3273.jpg

VogueStar

Original Poster
I see no one else has ideas either. hmph... :study:

Well how about this. :?
What do you use to mount a light fixture to a glass cage!?!
How does everyone mount their light fixtures ?
Does anyone else have a split lid tank ?

Iam really at a loss and could use any ideas you got
THANKS! :blob8:

On mine the basking light was burning through the metal canopy thing... Me and my dad used this clamp thing and totally rigged it to make it work..... Lots of duct tape it's pretty ghetto

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried silicone...a lot of silicone. On the glass and on the fixture and hold until dry/set?

Removing it would be a pain so I would try silicone and shelving brackets OR better would be 3 sided metal brackets...attach the brackets to the glass and place the fixture on or in whichever bracket style you get. Heavy duty silicone might work.

Personally, what I would do is buy 2 very thick dowels (maybe 3) and use them as support columns. One on either end and one in the center. I would glue the fixture to the top of the dowels and likely use self stick velcro at the bottom to make stable.

IOW, I would not try to *hang* it, but to support it from the bottom and I would likely use self stick velcro on the back glass and back of fixture for added security.

Sorry that is all I can think of...it is what I would have to end up doing LOL

VogueStar

Original Poster
100_3275.jpg
100_3279.jpg

Thanks for the ideas everyone it got me thinking and this is what I ended up coming up with to mount my UVB tube light. I got all "MacGyver" and used things around the house I didnt really have a use for.There was already two holes with some screws through the top of the light fixture, from previous mounting. So I used these ’screws’ and attached to them these "ring hangers" which are made for picture mounting
hwr_d-ring1holeLG.jpg

Then I looped some chain threw the ring hangers and also around an S hook and hooked the S hook to the edge of the cage. The S hook is secure, although I noticed the picture makes it looks like its about to slip..its really not. Also I took the lid off the one side for the pictures, yet I can still use it. The lid slides perfectly over the S hook so I can still use the lid. All in all it worked better than I couldve imagined, Iam so happy with the results!

100_3278.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom