licking up calcuim dust>>>>>>???????/

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just fed my beardie and i put his crickets in a bag and shake them up to dust them. and then i just pured them in instead of picking them out. so some calcium dust is on his viv floor and for the past 10 mins he has been scraping at it licking it up. hes doing everything he can to get it all up lol. is this normal. or is it a sign that he needs more calcium or what>

thanks in advance

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I dont know if it is "normal" or not, but you are not the only one. :wink:
I have a video of Foster attacking his dust when he was a baby. He is licking it up and rubbing and digging in it. It is too funny. :lol:
I dont know if they think it is a sand type thing, and they try to dig in it or what it is that causes them to like it.

SO, if your beardie is abnormal, then he can join the club with Foster. :lol:

HCDbeardie

Original Poster
haha ya that what i was thinking. maybe he thinks is sand. but i dono its the funniest thing watching him.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hey guys,

This is just some info I thought I'd pass along. Too much calcium can be just as bad for your beardie as not enough. I am by no means trying to say that either of you are overdosing your beardies,so don't take this comment the wrong way. It's just something my vet had mentioned to me once, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Dawn

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
gulfbrzdawn":f282f said:
Hey guys,

This is just some info I thought I'd pass along. Too much calcium can be just as bad for your beardie as not enough. I am by no means trying to say that either of you are overdosing your beardies,so don't take this comment the wrong way. It's just something my vet had mentioned to me once, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Dawn

Hi. Thanks, I had just accidentally spilled mine and he attacked it, but you are right, too much can be a bad thing too.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Sounds about normal, and that video of Foster is still the cutest thing I remember seeing in a long time! People that keep leopard geckos keep dishes with calcium powder in them as part of their care for whatever reason it seems to be the norm with them.

I have some wild caught species that will lick the dust up as well. Either it tastes good or they know its good for them. They can overdose on it, but the amounts needed for that to happen are quite high relatively speaking. Some spilled dust here and there should be of no harm at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom