LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby

Extreme Poster
OH MY GOD JSCOTT !!!!

i hadent seen this thread in a few days and your working miracles!!

He's doing SO well, he's the cutest little thing ! i have a feeling he's just sick of crickets, mine get sick of them after a few days.. ! LOL

he could just be sulking around his shed, but his extra activity and exploring leads me to think the shed isn't effecting him much.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
kirby, thank you for your support. he seems to be getting his appetite back slowly but i think it has something to do with the taste of the crickets. i need to get some phoenix worms.

do you think he'll make the transistion easily?

i guess since i hand feed it wount be a big difference... maybe in taste and texture.

he seems to enjoy the evening hours the most. he pretty much stays out of the heat until right around sundown. as soon as it starts to get dark he heads for the hill :mrgreen: ! i routinely turn his light out around 9PM, this is usually when he gets sleepy.

tonight i tried the beardie burrito again. they put iguana in it instead :twisted: ! lol, man i can't help myself... seriously though :roll: , i sat with him on my lap slightly covered by a soft towll. he seemed uneasy at first. i bunched up the edges of the towell around him to block the light and make him feel more secure. he must have liked this. after only a few moments he closed his eyes and rested his chin on a tuft of towell. he never kept them closed for more than 5 or 10 seconds, but he definitely seemed at ease. i would have taken a pic but my phone was across the room. after about 15 minutes i scooped him up with the whole towell and placed him in his tank in front of his habba-hut. he soon after crawled in and fell asleep:wink:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
no real news. wrote a little on my photo expressions page, nothing much.

i did get a picture today though.

realm.jpg

he only ate 4 crickets today, up from 2 yesterday. i think the shed had something to do with it. the rest of it is the bad tasting crickets apperently. i put a little pile of salad in front of him, he finished about half(a pile the size of a nickle) and then went to bed.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
He looks so good! I love the pics of him trying to get on his habba-hut. He's learned so much! And he's so determined, you've given him not only a life, but also a great one!
Beardies are so picky sometimes. Some days Kaira will only eat a few crickets and then just wants her silkworms the rest of the day and vice-versa :roll: ! Having more than one insect, allowing them a bit of variety, seems to make a big difference (it did with Kaira anyway). I haven't tried phoenix worms yet, but I've heard really good things about them and Mulberry Farms is great!
I tried a semi-beardie burrito tonight. I didn't "wrap" Kaira up really, just lightly covered her with a towel, but she seemed to really like it. It was one of her first times out of her cage for an extended period of time and she was really relaxed and calm.
I love checking the up-dates on him and the pics! How's the name going?
Abi

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
amalsg07, i appreciate your intrest and concern for my beardie. from the sounds of it, yours is a handfull too! is there a link to your page you could post?

to everyone: i just found out what software i needed to convert verizon videos to AVI. after about 3 hours of head-scratching i finaly figured it out.

heres a couple videos. sorry their so short, the phone limits the size i can send.

cute or what :mrgreen: ? ill make and post more very soon.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Oh my gosh that is absolutely adorable!!! I am even more in love with the little guy now!!!! :D :blob5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
The videos are short but very sweet................ it's nice to see how he navigates around, seems like he has adjusted well. What is he crawling on?

You had mentioned that he had eaten salad and then went to sleep................. try to make sure that the last time he eats he has 2 hours under the light to digest his food, it keeps the plumbing going. :lol:

Your doing a great job, he is very sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
jiffy- see what i get to wake up to every day :mrgreen: ? i'm going to take alot of videos now that i've figured it out.

beardie osk- yes, he seems to be getting around better and better. hes starting to develop this little "crab walk". he pulls himself along sideways with his two stronger limbs. this seems to be for tougher terrain(slippery, uphill, uneven, etc.).

in the second video he is wiggling through the grass and fallen leaves in my backyard. when outside, he goes into exploration mode. he usually make me come and get him :p . i'll reach down to pick him up and he'll start scrambling away, "you'll never catch me ali... hey let me go :angry5: im not done out here!

thats a good point about the eating before bedtime. i will take that into consideration when feeding this evening. he likes water before bed. is that ok?

thanks again everyone for all your help/concern, he wouldn't be this healthy without beardeddragon.org :mrgreen: !

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Jason I'm so glad that you figured out how to transfer the videos to photobucket. :D
I know that I've told you many times already but he is so darn adorable. :love5:

Barbara

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
jscott":36c73 said:
amalsg07, i appreciate your intrest and concern for my beardie. from the sounds of it, yours is a handfull too! is there a link to your page you could post?

My page? Sorry, I'm not sure which link you mean...I don't have an "internet page", just threads on here of questions and pictures of Kaira. Is that what you're talking about? If so, which ones do you want a link to?

I love the video of him "wiggling" in the leaves. I couldn't figure out how he was moving around exactly...just knew he was doing a good job of it, that video is amazing! He can move faster than I thought.
Abi

kirby

Extreme Poster
lol. at first i was like " Nooooo... the cricket is too big !!! " but it was deceptive of the camera.. rofl.

he's so adorable.. !

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Wow great vand the 2nd one is a great video on how quickly special needs beardies adapt to survive.Good Job :D

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
kirby":d70c5 said:
lol. at first i was like " Nooooo... the cricket is too big !!! " but it was deceptive of the camera.. rofl.

he's so adorable.. !

I am glad I am not the only one who thought that at first! :lol: :oops:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hello Jason,

To answer your question about the water before bed, most people remove all food and water 2 hours before the lights go out, however, I don't think the water would be a problem, I'd just let him drink on his own and not hand feed the water when it's close to bedtime. I don't know how you have the water set up in your viv, you have to be very careful when their little, if they get stuck, they can drown, and your boy has a handicap as well.

He is so cute, I keep looking at your video's, waiting for more :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom