LETS SEE YOUR FEEDER COLONY/SETUPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
The title says it all!

What are you guys' setups, advice, tips and tricks you have learned because of the pros and cons of what you chose to produce, whether it be crickets, worms, roaches or other? How many reptiles are you feeding, how much did you start off with and how long did it take you to get to where you are now? If you could have done something different what would it be and if there is one big tidbit of info you wish you would have known prior to make things easier, what's the scoop? Also for those of you who are just beginning feel free to post as well because it would give an awesome chance for an update a few months down the road to see just how far you have come! :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Well, I'm a week into my silkworm egg hatching project and I have little bitty live silkworms that are just a few days old and still in the incubator!

We ordered chow mix and 200 eggs from www.mulberryfarms.com
6670898355_1824aae6b1.jpg

Assembled our new HovaBator (cost about $50)
6670899875_f0b228d3df.jpg

Here's what the thermostat looks like - you can turn the screw to increase or decrease the heat
6670901469_c939544b61.jpg

Monitor the temps through a window
6670902339_46cfa38809.jpg

Here they are in the petri dish just starting to hatch!
6670903321_49f22c7a1a.jpg

We cooked them some chow, put it in the fridge until it hardened up, and placed chow strips in the petri dish
6670905075_dc47c9bc6b.jpg

And here they were last night covering the chow and growing bigger!
6670907105_53c2dba4d0.jpg

The first week is the most difficult for them as they are very fragile, so we have a long way to go in carefully raising these little guys, but at $9.95 for 200 eggs versus $13 for 20 3/4" worms at our local store, we were willing to give it a shot!

:D Fingers are crossed!

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nice setups guys! I have been contemplating worms as well for in the future and I'll be interested to see how it all turns out! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom