Lethargic Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":1321tsj7 said:
You're right, they are pretty long, they could use a little trimming.
Been going at them with a file as best I can daily. Afraid to actually trim them because I don't want to hit the vein.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's really quite easy trimming them. We've trimmed ours for many yrs and have never trimmed them too short to cause bleeding. You can use baby or adult fingernail clippers, you just rim the actual tip, the pointed part straight across and that's it.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":2p9pnho0 said:
It's really quite easy trimming them. We've trimmed ours for many yrs and have never trimmed them too short to cause bleeding. You can use baby or adult fingernail clippers, you just rim the actual tip, the pointed part straight across and that's it.
Okay I'll try to trim them tonight when I get home from work then! Thank you guys so much for the advice and positive reinforcement!

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay I've got another question! Her tail has a kink right at the end and it's turned black. It's been like this for as long as I can remember but because I've been reading a lot lately I figured I would ask about it.
taili.jpg

The black hasn't spread at all, it's just the tip.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Des has a kink too, may have been "damaged goods" lol from either being put in the stupid butter tub thing petsmart uses or something similar. Des's tail is always an off color from the rest of his body may just be the particular bloodline coming through. Has her tail never been blackish before? You may be able to correct it with a Popsicle stick piece smoothed edges of course and some medical tape but, you would have to change it daily to 2 times a day or maybe someone else has a better solution or an answer that isn't mine too. With Des it doesn't bother him unless I mess with it so I just leave it.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":gk1rvlo8 said:
Des has a kink too, may have been "damaged goods" lol from either being put in the stupid butter tub thing petsmart uses or something similar. Des's tail is always an off color from the rest of his body may just be the particular bloodline coming through. Has her tail never been blackish before? You may be able to correct it with a Popsicle stick piece smoothed edges of course and some medical tape but, you would have to change it daily to 2 times a day or maybe someone else has a better solution or an answer that isn't mine too. With Des it doesn't bother him unless I mess with it so I just leave it.
It doesn't seem to bother her at all and It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well her poo seems to be forming better, today at least. Incoming dragon poo picture.
102010174104.jpg

Also very green but I've read the bearded dragon bites do that.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Chrismcnicholas":b9agnxeu said:
Second dose of panacur today. Gave her some soy yogurt first and tricked her into gobbling up the meds :).
Good for you. 8) How is her activity level?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":3oyk0wgj said:
Chrismcnicholas":3oyk0wgj said:
Second dose of panacur today. Gave her some soy yogurt first and tricked her into gobbling up the meds :).
Good for you. 8) How is her activity level?
She's been fairly active. I have noticed an increase in her basking though which to me is good because she had been avoiding it before.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, that's great. Can't refer to her as a "lethargie beardie" anymore, right? :p

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":28q2kf5f said:
Oh, that's great. Can't refer to her as a "lethargie beardie" anymore, right? :p
Indeed I cannot! Still having loose stools quite a bit though, there was even some undigested food in her stool yesterday. Seems like the first few days after the panacur her poo starts to form better and then it gets worse again. Going to disinfect everything again because i'm guessing the panacur is getting rid of what's in her and then she's just getting the pinworms again because I missed something in her viv.

Is 10% or less bleach solution good for disinfecting or should I order some Nolvasan and wait?
Also, i've been bathing her every day out of fear she's going to get dehydrated on the de-wormer is that too much? Could this cause the loose poo?

(Would really like to know if the 10% bleach solution would help because if it would I will be getting bleach tonight and disinfecting everything tomorrow.)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
What was the food that was undigested?? And I know we have been over this and over again till it is ran into the dirt but dig it up :D What is her basking? how are you measuring it? what is being used for her basking light? I also believe 10% is the appropriate mixture. Might you have a dawn dish soap that is antibacterial with bleach in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom