Lethargic beardie , not very active

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdayrit

So the past 2 days my beardie has became pretty inactive. He didn't want to eat this morning and he seems super lazy. He started acting like this after I was handling him for a bit. What do you think coud be affecting his energy levels ?
104148-2929073018.jpg

jdayrit

Original Poster
Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO, which covers about 3/4 of his tank. Unfortunately when I got home his basking light decided to go out, so I went and got him another one. (I started work at 9 and got home at 9 so Im not exactly sure when it went out. He has been looking rather pale, his tail shed and his head started to, but his back looks pale. Maybe he is dehydrated? He looks a little wrinkly. I never see him drink water even when he gets bathes.
Last thing is his stool looked a little interesting today, he passed a good amount phoenix worms into his stool, maybe because he didnt have the heat to help him digest it?

Will be posting pics

If there’s non digested bugs in his poop then he hasn’t been basking long enough. Has he been basking at all or for at least 2 hours after he eats before he became lethargic?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is his basking temp and how are you taking the basking temp? If you have stick on dial thermometers they are not very accurate- if you dont have a Infrared Heat gun I would recommend you get one as they are the best way to get accurate temps in the tank --
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Colbycheese":2059fbd2 said:
If there’s non digested bugs in his poop then he hasn’t been basking long enough. Has he been basking at all or for at least 2 hours after he eats before he became lethargic?

Check your tank's basking and warm zone temperatures using DIGITAL thermometer (that has a probe on a long cable) .
Ensure warm zone about 35 degC and basking spot 38 - 40 degC.

Ensure the dragon has at least 2 hours to bask after each meal.

Details of your UV source :
>>> age
>>> how is it mounted (on top mesh screen , under the screen , under solid lid)
>>> in a reflector hood
>>> distance from the basking spot
>>> distance from the floor of the tank ?

jdayrit

Original Poster
His behaviour seems better so far today. I am using a infrared heat gun for his temps even though I have the stick on ones too. Im thinking that his basking light was out for a while since he passed bugs. His basking temp is 100-105. As far as the uvb light goes its on top of the mesh on the cage but he has a rock that he likes to sit on that brings him within about 6 inches of it .

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The screen mesh is it a fine mesh or wide hole mesh?--- it makes a difference for the UVB--- if its a fine mesh that screen is blocking about 1/2 the rays --- if its a wide hole it should be ok --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom