Lethargic and Hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazesGrandma

Original Poster
Hi.

I think you were right about it being brumation. He has stayed in almost the same spot for the past couple of days, but when I check on him he has his eyes partially open and sleepy-looking. I did take him out last night to bathe him because he did eat a little bit a few days ago and has not had another bowel movement since then, but he didn't with the bath either. He was alert for his bath but not struggling like he normally does. Afterwards I wrapped him up and snuggled him for a bit before putting him back in his favorite spot.

I do have one other question though, regarding humidity. I had read several things saying humidity should be under a certain percentage (recommendations varied, but one was under 35%), but I had also later read about it needing to be within a range (I think 15% being on the low end of the range). The hot side of the enclosure is 0% and the cool side is usually between 23-28%. Never more than 28% since he's been in there. Yellowknife is very dry, especially in the winter. I did try putting a small water dish on the hot side to see if I could get it above 0% there but no luck. Should I be using a humidifier near his enclosure or is the humidity on the cool side enough?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So, he is still sleeping & has been slown down?
The humidity can range from 30-40% on average. At 15%, that can be too low & can cause shedding issues. If it is consistently too dry then you could use a humidifier to help out.
So he didn't enjoy his bath & snuggled in his little blankie though? They will just lay there sometimes with their eyes open or half open just relaxing.
It sounds like he is doing fine! :D

Tracie

BlazesGrandma

Original Poster
I took him out yesterday and he woke up slowly while I held him and then I put him under his light and removed the hide, because he still hadn't had a bowel movement after having eaten a little bit a few days before. After a few hours he looked like his usual perky self. I offered him some crickets by tweezers in case he was hungry, and he ate over 20! He also greedily drank some water from a dropper.

So I guess now that he ate I'll have to try to get him to poop. I just took him out and he's awake now so I'm going to remove the hide for the day again. I need him to poop also so I can get a fecal done in case he does go to sleep fir a long time.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he actually ate some crickets & had some water also! That is a good idea to have him stay out of his hide/cave today for basking since he ate. This way you can hopefully get a fecal done on him to test him to be sure he is 100% in case he does sleep for awhile on you.
It sounds like he feels good & is active when he was up which is great news! I think he is going to be just fine, other than trying to worry you to death. :D

Tracie

BlazesGrandma

Original Poster
He had a nice big poo yesterday afternoon, but of course the vet was closed and they want me to take it in when it's fresh. He ended up eating a bunch of crickets again yesterday and took a tiny bit of water so I took his hide away again this morning, and I'm hoping he goes early enough that I can get the sample in today because we are coming up on the weekend. I want to be able to let him be but need to get this done first. He does want to sleep. Yesterday I didn't take the hide until almost noon and he was still sleeping. Poor baby :(

Thanks for helping me through this - it was kind of scary :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom