leopard gecko substrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

tontinos

Well I'm getting a crested gecko but if I can't get one I made a plan B and thats a leopard gecko and I have a few questions. I know you can't use sand no matter what kind as a substrate but what about clay? I saw clay at the pet store and was wondering what you think.

Don't use clayit hardens and is a pain to get out. I use paper towels and that is the safest and easiest to use in my opinion. Also I wouldent reccomend the cage carpet it can get looped around their fingertips and rip them off.
Good luck to you,
yoyofanatic

frog

Sub-Adult Member
yoyofanatic- about the reptile carpet; i use it for all three of my leopard geckos and have never had a problem :wink:

frog

Sub-Adult Member
same with reptile carpet- i put it in the washing machine after shaking it out :D doesnt shrink or anything. :wink:

Eventide

Hatchling Member
There are typically two different kinds of reptile carpet: the loop kind (like human carpet) and the type that looks kinda like grass. The grass-type won't catch their nails/toes and such.

I use paper towels for my leopard gecko and non-adhesive shelf liner for my beardies. Anything like that should be fine. :)

draco614

we use slate tile because it conduct the heat and is easy clean. you can get it cheap at home depot or lowes (lowes was more expensive for us) and have it cut to size. it's natural and nice looking too.

Beardy123

I would NOT use clay. The substrates I use are repticarpet, papper towels, and cardboard. My favorite is cardboard,cheap, pretty nice lookin, and last a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom