Leopard Gecko not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoey

Sub-Adult Member
I've had my little Leela for about 3 months now. She was given to me by a co-worker who had to give her up because she was getting new furniture and there was no longer room for the gecko (really? :roll: )

Anyway, she has been in my care for a few months now, and you would think she's pretty much acclimated to her new surroundings.

I already have another Leo, Nico, who is healthy, happy and housed in another room. Nico is energetic, has a great personality, and is a voracious eater!

My problem with Leela, the newcomer, is that in the 3 months I've had her, she has not eaten a bite! I've tried everything I could think of to get her appetite back. I bought her an new heating pad in case the one she came with was faulty. I tried different types of food... (crickets, mealworms, superworms, butterworms, waxworms.....nothing! She is just not interested. She looks at the worm and watches it crawl by. I leave the worms in a bowl for her in hopes she'll eat when no one is around, but the same amount remains for days in the bowl.

When she came to me she had a great big fat tail and she looked healthy enough. Now I'm beginning to think that her tail may be getting smaller, and I am getting really worried.

Any other ideas on how to get her to eat, or what may be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom