Leonidas update

Kyomuno

Beardie name(s)
Osiris
It has been a while since I posted an update on little Leonidas. When we got him our vet diagnosed him with failure to thrive. He was not eating/drinking and was very inactive. He was so small and unhealthy. We already had 2 of his clutch mates (Levi who is doing fantastic and Osiris who ened up passing from a perforated colon) and later took in his last remaining clutchmate(none of the others from the clutch survived) who also was diagnosed with failure to thrive (she passed sadly). Leo has proven to be much stronger than his sisters. He now eats on his own (he lives to eat lol) and is finally growing!

Attachments

• 20230506_231035.jpg
    20230506_231035.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 20230629_114443.jpg
    20230629_114443.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It has been a while since I posted an update on little Leonidas. When we got him our vet diagnosed him with failure to thrive. He was not eating/drinking and was very inactive. He was so small and unhealthy. We already had 2 of his clutch mates (Levi who is doing fantastic and Osiris who ened up passing from a perforated colon) and later took in his last remaining clutchmate(none of the others from the clutch survived) who also was diagnosed with failure to thrive (she passed sadly). Leo has proven to be much stronger than his sisters. He now eats on his own (he lives to eat lol) and is finally growing!
Glad to hear

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He looks good ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜
Team leo all the way ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
I think you did fantastic to be able to save two of them, i think they didn't have much of a fighting chance before you got them.

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
He looks good ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜
Team leo all the way ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
I think you did fantastic to be able to save two of them, i think they didn't have much of a fighting chance before you got them.
They were all so weak and fragile when we brought them in. Their ribs and hip bones were protruding so I was so honestly not expecting there to be survivors, but I am so glad that levi and Leo made it!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Me to. I doubt anyone else would have put as much work and effort into saving them. They are lucky you found them.

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Me to. I doubt anyone else would have put as much work and effort into saving them. They are lucky you found them.
I think I am the lucky one. Osiris and Onyx may not have made it, but they were such amazing creatures and I loved them greatly. I love all my little scale babies :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If there is a better pet than a beardie, i dunno what it would be ๐Ÿ™‚

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear Leonidas has made it & is doing so much better now! It takes their bodies
awhile to develop the immune system.
It sounds like he is on the mend, I am so happy for you both. ๐Ÿ’–

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. ๐Ÿ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. ๐Ÿ˜ด
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom