lenny is rolling iver when walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigb2013

Hi im a newbie to bearded dragons we got him from a shop 3 days ago he hasnt ate anything since we got him he suddenly sort of tries to roll over when he walks its like when he puts his front leg down his front end rolls and he swings his head about and bangs it of his hide. The bloke in shop said he about 2 month old my wife in tears she worried sick can anyone help.

Gymgirlx

Hatchling Member
aww. poor baby. A pic would help. What UVB does it have? Calcium? Sounds like MBD or impaction. :( Is it on sand? Hope we can get your little one better!

bigb2013

Original Poster
Its a repri sun 10.0 and the shop gave us calcium plus d3 but he hasnt ate nothing and he on small wood chipping becouse Iread loads of bad things about sand.

PrettyInInk

bigb2013":2jnee7nh said:
Its a repri sun 10.0 and the shop gave us calcium plus d3 but he hasnt ate nothing and he on small wood chipping becouse Iread loads of bad things about sand.
Wood chips are a no-no, too. You don't want any loose substrate. Paper towels for babies and tile or carpet for adults. Not eating right away is normal, but obviously the rolling is not. Did they give you any history with the beardie?

Gymgirlx

Hatchling Member
bigb2013":39jnwqpr said:
is it the coil or tube reptisun 10.0? THere's a big difference between the 2. Agree! Wood chips can also be swallowed and can cause problems. Tile, reptile carpet, or paper towels are best.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy! It could be a neurological issue, a bacterial infection, adeno virus, or hypocalcemia.
Most likely he did not have any UVB or calcium at the pet store, either. At the young age, he needs UVB & calcium for health & growth.
Do you have any pictures of him?
Is the Reptisun 10 a tube bulb also?

Tracie

bigb2013

Original Poster
Took lenny back to shop they said it could be a nurological thing they said they would replace hime and take him to see vet hope he going to be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom