Lengthy Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtcgray

At what point do you worry about a long brumation? Our 2 1/2 year old male brumated last winter, but this year he started getting lethargic & not eating WAY earlier, and it's been going on probably close to 2 months now. He perked up a bit for a couple of days, ate a couple of mealworms, we gave him a warm bath, then he conked out again. He hadn't had a BM for some time, although we gave him warm baths & rubbed his belly. Any reason for concern, or should we leave him to come out of it when he's ready? thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just check on him at least once a week and turn the lights on for part of the day to give him the feeling that it's time to wake up. After 3 weeks keep the lights on as usual, unless he comes out on his own before that, then turn them on as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom