length

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollie120108

I am wondering if my bd is of ok length. I purchased her on Monday of this week and was told that she is 1 and a half years old, I measured her today and she is right at 17". Is that a good length for her or will she grow little more?
How old is your dragon? 1 and a half
How long have you had your dragon? 3 days
How long is your dragon? 17 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 30 breeder
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? sand
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? MVB
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? exo terra 125W
How old is your UVB bulb? 3 days
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? top pf her head maybe 3 -4 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? no
What are the basking temps? 100 - 105
What is the cool side temp? 78 - 80
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? digital
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? on the basking log and the ground
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. superworms, turnip greens, kale, zucchine, sweet potatoes, carrots
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? within a couple of hours of her light coming on she gets a salad, mid afternoon I replace salad with a new one and she gets 4 - 8 superworms
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? yes
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? she has not pooped since I got her on Monday
Do you bath your dragon? How often? yes, everyday since she really hasn't been drinking any water
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? mist her several times dailey and drip water on her nose several times as well
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? not yet

dragons1222

Juvie Member
ok

i have seen some dragons that are only 15 inches at that age so it just depends especially if the previous owners did not provide proper care

she is a little smaller than average though but i doubt she will grow any more maybe slightly but not a significant amount of growth

ok a 30 breeder is too small a 40g breeder is the absolute minium and imo that is too small i would not go any smaller than a 75g personally

what kind of sand so you use?

mvb's need to be about 12 inches away 3-4 is too close

dont feed kale or carrrots kale binds calcium and carrots have too much vit.a

also add crickets(or roaches,silkworms etc) to the list i would not just feed supers

you did not say which suppliments you gave her or how often

she should be getting pure calcium(no d3 or phosphorus) 3x a week and a multi vit 1 x a week repcal brands are great

dragons rarly do drink water from a dish(although some do) so it is reccomended to bath 2-3 x a week in warm water

just make sure when you mist not to do it in her enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom