Left side of belly hard... What could it be?? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex14

Original Poster
Holy crap. Literally.

I didn't know something that some could have a poop so large! Half of it was regular, and the other half seemed to be full of undigested food. I felt her belly immediately after and the lump was almost gone! I'm certain now that it was an impaction. It's not entirely gone yet, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

Is it possible for them to become impacted just by chance? I figured I was doing everything correctly... oh well I guess I'll just have to make sure her food serving sizes are even smaller?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

WOW, that is great.
She may not be warm enough or you are feeding her too late in the evening?
Mealworms or feeders that are too large can impact them, yes. Their intestines are small & curved when they are young so things don't tend to pass very well.
Keep giving soft foods only & NO feeders right now until she has passed everything through. Extra baths & oral fluids will help immensely for her, too.
Let us know how things are coming along with her.

Tracie

Alex14

Original Poster
I am happy to report that Jake is no longer lumpy! She passed the last of it about an hour ago and we celebrated with the rest of the crickets. She is beside herself with cricket joy and has tonnes of energy. And no I don't feed her meal worms but that's what they fed her in Petstupid (Petsmart).

Thank you all so much for your help and support. I would have been even more psycho if it wasn't for you guys! :blob5:

Menolly07

Juvie Member
So glad to hear it!! Poop! It's a frequent topic on the forum. Too hard. Too soft. Too smelly. Colour wrong. Too wet. Too dry. Poop.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she passed the rest of the impaction then, poor girl!
She probably feels a lot better! Great job in getting her all taken care of. I bet she has a great appetite too now, with her system moving better.
I hope she is feeling better now!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom