Leaving crickets in viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a tattoo artist i dont get to be home much of the day, most the time i get to spend with icarus is in the evening after six for his last four hours of the day, now would not taking out the remaining crickets from his morning meal be a bad thing for him? by the time i get home every day nearly most if not all have been eaten, i've read everywhere to take the food out after the allotted 15 minute feeding time.
but is that acceptable?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
How big is your dragon? I wouldn't leave them in with babies, but I would be more okay doing this with a sub-adult or adult. Do you take out the remaining ones before night? Also, do you have a salad in with your beardie that crix will much on? That might prevent them from munching on your dragon. My boyfriend does leave a few crix in so Tyson can snack during the day if he's at work or has classes, but makes sure they are all out before bed time.
Hope this helps,
Sara

injectedink

Original Poster
hes 9 weeks old, about 8 inches long and i dont have a scale so im not too sure how much he weighs but he looks extremely healthy and is very active, i do have salad for him every day and i do see the crickets just gravitate to the salads, they have never bit him or anything,

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
If you only put in like 5 I think you would be ok but being so young, I would take them out!! But you can leave a salad in for em :D Just my 2cents......

Lance

SPIKE09

THE ONLY THING I HAVE HEARD ABOUT LEAVING THE CRICKETS IS THAT TOO MANY WILL STRESS OUT THE DRAGON AND HE WON'T EAT THEM
HE WILL JUST STARE AT THEM. BUT MY DRAGON HAS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM CLEARING HIS TANK ON HIS OWN. THERE ARE NEVER ANY CRICKETS LEFT FOR ME TO TAKE OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom