Leatherback? Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

I apologize for all of the questions. I am however new to beardies and enjoy learning about them. Is anyone capable of sexing my beardie? I was told female when I got it. Also I am curious as to if it is a leatherback as its back is smoother then the others by far. Thanks in advance!!
IMG_20151027_104502794.jpg

IMG_20151027_104758673.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it is a leatherback, not a real smooth one [ some are smoother than others + have less prominent side spikes ] but also has a beautiful pattern. Sometimes those sidebars [ darker pattern on the back ] turn blue/grey and look really striking. :)

To determine the sex, can you put her flat on your hand or table an arch the tail up ? Your pic has her upside down.....from that pic it looks potentially like a female but a better pic will be more definitive.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, the pics are fine. It's just that once in a while what looked like a female because the hemipenile bulges are not showing ends up showing a few months later. The reverse is not true if it's an obvious male [ like your other pic ] if it shoes the bulges, it's a definite male. But this one is almost certainly a female, you really don't need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom