Leatherback acting strangely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

My young Leatherback bearded dragon may be sick. He's about 6.5 inches long, and I just got him in February. He seemed to be doing fine until about a week ago. He's shed twice, he's been eating and drinking, and basking. But about a week ago, he started to not do anything. He hasn't eaten, drank(that I've seen), or even been basking. He just sits there with his eyes closed. Is he okay? Thank you very much for your help

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
Hi what lighting do I have? If u have a coli light what will effect his eyes u need to get reptisun 10.0 ASAP

Gnosis

Original Poster
Oh, okay, I'm sorry. I have two of them in a 20 gal Zilla tank. There is a log/rock/thing with holes in it where they climb up to bask and normally sleep in. I've been feeding mostly crickets with some lettuce and apples with a bit of multivitamins. The top of the basking spot gets to about 100 degrees during the day, maybe 65-75 at night. I use a ceramic heater and a Reptisun UVB bulb for basking, and I usually leave the ceramic heater on at night.

dragontamer13

Hatchling Member
By "two in one tank" do you mean beardeds? if so you should seperate them ASAP. Also, get the reptisun 10.0, stop giving lettuce ( instead use collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens etc. there is a site but i cant remember it just now, and apples are ok occasionally ), and be ready to get a new cage soon because they grow fast!

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I think ur problem is the coil bulb, it needs to be replaced with reptisun 10.0 ASAP
Hope this helps

Gnosis

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions, but.... I'm afraid they're not going to be any help now. Tholossis passed away this morning.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. :( Even though you only had him a short while, it still is painful to lose a pet. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom