Leash issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I started trying to get the boys use to their leashes. Each time I would take them separately out and place the leash on and spend some time with them. Cooper started out a little scared but has caught on fast. He seems to enjoy being able to go places and understand the leash comes with that. Palmer however hasn't even been anywhere. He is still so upset each time we haven't even been able to get him settled. Now when I even put my hand in his cage he begins hissing, jumping, and trying to bite me :cry: I don't know what I should do. I took him out yesterday and didn't use the leash. He still would not settle and made it quite clear he didn't care for me. Wondering what I do from here? Do I continue to retrain him to just being with me or do I tough love and continue with the leash and hope he settles. I have to be honest my kids are no longer big fans of Palmer after seeing his hostile behavior they don't want to handle him at all. I am scared to let them anyway. He is so young I want to nip it in the butt so he isn't aggressive as he is older. Any thoughts? :banghead:

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to beardie teens. Keep at it, don't let him get his way and use garden gloves if you have to.
He'll soon snap out of it - they're pretty smart lizards. :)

Silver

Hatchling Member
Silver is fairly new to his leash. The first two times I put it on he sqirmed and wiggled like crazy. After both times getting the leash on we went out in the sun and I fed him silkworms. Now he sits still and let's me put the leash on. Not sure if that's enough motivation for Palmer but it might help if he associates he leash with food.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Silver":117jbr7n said:
Silver is fairly new to his leash. The first two times I put it on he sqirmed and wiggled like crazy. After both times getting the leash on we went out in the sun and I fed him silkworms. Now he sits still and let's me put the leash on. Not sure if that's enough motivation for Palmer but it might help if he associates he leash with food.

While I was testing harnesses on Tasty Treat she started acting like it was choking her. it was no where near her neck. she is such a drama queen. she also acts like she is starving 10 minutes after i feed her.

but i guess i would prefer that over her biting me. oh wait, she does bite me...

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the ideas you guys! I am still not having much luck. We haven't even had the leash back out because he has been so testy with us. I have been wrapping him in his blanket and snuggling. He makes it so difficult to get him out but will still cuddle after awhile. I guess I'm just going to have to be patient....not one of my stronger suits! Again Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom