Lazy Lizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazaa117

Hello all

So I've had my beardie for a year and a half and within the last 4 months or so..
she has started to hide/sleep in the bottom right of the tank, she shuffles away and snuggles up and sleeps..
cause she's been doing this regularly i've been dragging her out and placing her under the heat lamp, 5/10 mins later she'll end up back there, if I dont move her, she will stay there..
I've tried blocking it up for a couple of days but once i unblock it she went straight back there, i dont want her to stay there cause
1. she is under the heat lamp so no heat is there
2. she doesnt eat/see her food there
3. sleeps all day

any advice/insight is greatly appreciated

feel free to ask any questions

kind regards

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like she might be trying to brumate. Here is all you need to know about brumation:https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/
Hope this helped!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
/agree sounds like brumation. You are going to have to let her sleep for a bit.

Mine is on month 3 of brumation. I check on her every 10-14 days to make sure she's hydrated and hasn't lost too much weight.

kazaa117

Original Poster
so I made sure she has pooped and moved everything so she can get back in, what about like the lights? turn it off for a bit? or keep it on?

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Make sure she hasn't eaten lately. If so you'll need to bathe her to get her to poop.

Then you can let her sleep in her hide. Check on her every 10 or so days to make sure she's doing okay and is hydrated. I bathe mine and make sure she drinks if she wants. You can pinch their skin to test hydration levels, if it keeps the pinch shape for a bit before going back to normal then it's drinking time.

If you don't already have one, get a small digital scale and weigh her so you can make sure she's not loosing too much weight.

You can probably turn off the lights/heat for the foreseeable future. She might be like this for a month or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom