Lazy and not moving to much just basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
Ok. To kinda explain what is going on its when we turn on the lights in the morning it drops. During the night when the lights are off it raises to 40% humidity but then in the moring when we turn on the lights it drops again to 30% or lower. Amd I took the temps with a prob for the basking spot and cold side. Basking spot is 104 F and cool side is 83 F

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good temps for basking etc----- the humidity is fine you dont want it above 70-- so your good on that as well
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It looks good and it looks like hes enjoying his UVB---- what do you have in there for substrate? If its loose I would get rid of it -- causes impaction - textured non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot or Lowes is cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50 and insects cannot get underneath-- or slated tile works good too --- i would take his hide and move it to the front of the tank so he can get out from the UVB if he wants too -- it looks like you bought a fixture that runs the whole length of tank ?
Karrie

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
Yes it runs the whole length of the thank and we moved it to th back. So its by his hide. I think he likes it a lot me. Onky thing that is worring me now is he isn't really eating his worms. He ate a good amount of salad but only a couple of worms today

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you feeding worms? What kind of worms? And are you feeding in the tank ? Best not as that substrate can cause inpaction if its a loose substrate
Karrie

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
I have been feeding him mealworms and no I have been tsking him out of the tank to feed to avoid that. Should I bee feeding him something diffrent if so what?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Crickets are a staple feeder - I recommend dubia roaches - they are healthier for them - here is some info on them
Dubias
• Wide range of sizes
• Long life span
• Excellent nutrition
• Easy to digest
• High in protein
Convenient for you
• Odorless and soundless
• Will not infest your home
• Can be stored out of sight
• Easy to care for
• Cannot jump, fly or climb
they can be ordered on line and kept in a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and fed dubia food along w/ carrots for hydration
Salad should be offered every day here is a nutrition website for that
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
Alright. Now most of rhe day he spends basking is that pretty normal for a bearded dragon? He still has some black marks on his belly witch I assume is stress from relocation. He loves being out of his cage and usally turns white on his belly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep that is normal-- white is good he is relaxed or so I have read
Karrie

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
105895-1051540967.jpg
Ok. I also changed over his substrate as well to a sand mat. I think it looks really good.
105895-8115238342.jpg
this is his cage now. This is stanly as well
105895-6894504437.jpg
he is a little bit darker then normal because he was basking and taking in heat. everything look good?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How far is the hide from the UVB basking ? the digital thermometer is a probe????? If not you want a probe or infrared heat gun or both------ the digital on the back wall w/ no probe will only give you ambient temps and not basking temps
Karrie

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
It's 8 inches away and I have a second themomater with a prob on the tank. The on insidebis mainly for humidity. The small yellow one on the tank has a prob I use. Basking is 105-110 and cool side is 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom