Laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vita

Please don't be upset with me....

I recently was given 2 adult bearded dragons. I was told they were both male. Found out male and female. I am learning as fast as I can and doing the best I can for the little guys. Well I was out if town and she laid eggs. I don't know how long ago they were laid (1-5 days). What do I do? 18 eggs

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. If you still have those eggs they are bad by now. You may also want to separate them as he can breed her to death. Make sure you keep a eye on her as laying is hard on them. Give her extra baths and calcium. If she starts digging , having small poops and glass dancing she is more than likely gravid again and needs to be made a lay box. Hope this helps :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No-one is going to scold you.

Seems like you knew a month or so ago that they were male & female so we're not surprised this happened unless you have other beardies that you posted about previously. Two male beardies would never be able to be housed together as one would injure or kill the other one.

Since the eggs were in the tank between 1 to 5 days, you will have to freeze them & dispose of them as they would have had to be kept at a certain temp with specific humidity so they are no good now.

The 2 beardies will need to be separated asap as he won't leave her alone and shouldn't be housed together again. You will need to give the female frequent baths, extra calcium and lots of protein to help build her back up. She may lay 3 more clutches, the next one in about a month. She will need to have a lay box ready when she shows signs of laying again.

Vita

Original Poster
Thank you. I am sad about the poor possible babies. I will be well prepared should she lay more. I went today and bought a complete setup so they are seperate now. She has a box with coconut fiber to lay in if she needs to now. She is in the bath as I am typing and drinking up a storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom