Laying eggs. Still trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat just laid 29 eggs today (Happy birthday to me!!).

she had been in her box for about 8 hours. packed the dirt down and scratched to come out. now she is laying down and still looks like she is trying to push out eggs.

is she just too tired to keep trying? do i need to rush her to the vet?
i gave her a bath, and she took some liquid calcium. and i am going to put her back in the lay box in the morning to see if she just needed rest.

does anyone have any experience with this?

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
She might still have a couple eggs left. Jesse laid 18 at once, then 2 more the next day. I would keep an eye on her tomorrow and see if she will lay them. It worries you a lot, been there 2 times with Jesse. Laying eggs is hard, after the last time Jesse laid she lay there motionless and I had to check her, I really thought she died, only because she was so skinny, after a little bit she got up. Sometimes it takes a couple days for them to lay them all. If your really worried, might have a vet check her out.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That does make me feel better! I do have to work tomorrow. I'm going to put her in the box before i leave and come home during my break to see how she's doing.
i will also have a camera on her to check. I recorded the entire duration so i can show people what goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom