Layed eggs, now refusing to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoogirl17

My sisters beardie layed a clutch of 20 eggs a few days ago...and now she is not eating! They weren't fertile, and she layed them in a deeper portion of her tank, and didn't seemed strained by it, just deflated. She had a very healthy appetite up untill the few days before the egg laying fast, now nothing. Refuses all insects and salads. But will drink water. She's been like this for several day... Any ideas????!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh dear, that's not good that she won't eat, she really needs her protein right now. I suggest you pick up some chicken and squash baby food, put drops on her nose for her to lick off. You need to mix some calcium in the baby food too, that's very important. That's good that she is drinking water, make sure she gets frequent baths too. If she gets a dark beard and/or tail and starts acting uncomfortable or lethargic, she could be egg bound, so a vet visit would be needed right away.

zoogirl17

Original Poster
Thank you so much Diamc! I called my sister, and she is picking up baby food on her way home from class. This will be a help...but if anyone knows anything else that would help I'd appreciate it!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Have her add a little water or Pedialtye to the baby food mixture to thin it a little & also heat in the microwave to take the chill off as that will help make it more appealing. Once she gets a taste, she should really like it. The stage 2 Gerber chicken is easier to mix in with other ingredients as the stage 1 seems to be chunkier. I also thought of something else, you could pick up some Repta-Aid to help give her a boost too. http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753955 Please keep us updated on her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I just wanted to say that I hope your girl starts feeling better soon. Has her beard been darker than normal?
Has she appeared to try & lay anymore?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom