lay box help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttruth42

i had one dragon and i been breeding for two years now. when she scratches i put her in a tubawear ben thats filled 3/4 with warm paralite and she y bolays fine evertime. now i just got a 2nd one and this the first time im breeding her i put her in the same lay box and she's been in there for 3 days. she will dig only once in awile but today i found an egg of hers in the lay box but she still has more. now i called her past owner and he said he breed her once before me and she layed two clutchs and then she was done. i asked him what did he use for a laybox and he said he used play sand.
should i use play sand like her past owner did?? or will she at one point lay the rest???

mich

Hatchling Member
I sent you a PM as well, but now I finally got my photo bucket working here are pics of what I use.

http://www.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&biw=1091&bih=605&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=planatation+soil&aq=f&aqi=g-sx1g-msx1&aql=&oq= (ZooMed, Planatation Soil)

PT2770_Plantation_Soil_Packaging.jpg

My female is in the bottom enclosure and I leave her lay box in there for a day or two until she lays. This type of laying medium retains moisture well without being too wet, if she hasn't laid within 2 days I may need to moisten it a bit but it hold a burrow well when she digs into it to lay her eggs, it won't collapse like sand
IMG_0533.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom