last piece of the puzzle cant find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
making my own viv i've found everything i need or bought everything i need at home depot plywood,paint/stain,glass,vents,light fixtures, finishing nails, liquid nails got all of this in a bout 1hr but im missing 1 piece the "Stanley 6' Sliding Panel Track" i've gone to 2 home depots, lowes, osh and one glass hardware store no one knows what it is spent 3 hours searching :banghead: . i've read on a lot of site that its really hard to find this item but i just cant find it i need help if anyone makes viv's and know a online link to a the "Stanley 6' Sliding Panel Track" or an alternative please send me a link also just remember im also missing the knobs for the sliding door. but really if anyone has a link to a track that'll work please help me out thankS!

Awesome

Hatchling Member
I couldn't find any 6' track, but I saw some bigger sizes. You could probably trim it down. Or, you can improvise and use another brand/style of sliding tracks. I don't think you'll need the exact track listed, you can probably use any substitute track and it'll still work. That's the beauty of DIY. :D

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Ask Tom from TND Dragons (thewolfmantom) i think is his tag on here. we were just talking about that yesterday. He knows a place in NY that sells and ships them from a decent price. I had the same issue but what I did was made a lip on the bottom on the tank so it had a grove on the bottom. Then I put a magnet on the top and a metal piece on the top of the plexi-glass so now i can just take off the door when I need in. It's nice now that it's summer I just leave the doors off. Hope that helps I have some pics of it somewhere on here. Hope that helps

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
triumphtt":2b31cq1u said:
Ask Tom from TND Dragons (thewolfmantom) i think is his tag on here. we were just talking about that yesterday. He knows a place in NY that sells and ships them from a decent price. I had the same issue but what I did was made a lip on the bottom on the tank so it had a grove on the bottom. Then I put a magnet on the top and a metal piece on the top of the plexi-glass so now i can just take off the door when I need in. It's nice now that it's summer I just leave the doors off. Hope that helps I have some pics of it somewhere on here. Hope that helps

this was very useful thanks i like you idea if you can can you send a pic of it please the door.. i was thnking i making a lip on the top and bottom of the viv and stick the plexi glass in there so i wont even have to buy a track.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
These two are of the L cut I made and nailed onto the viv. This used to be a dresser so it fit perfectly
IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

I put the side bar on there so the plexi-glass doesn't fall in the viv. On the other side there is already a notch from where the drawers were
IMG_1304.JPG

This is just a simple filler bar I made the L grove a lot thicker then the plexi-glass simply cause I didn't know what thickness I needed. On that note I think I have .008 thickness which is the smallest. I though it would be to flexible and I would be able to just push it in the viv but boy was I wrong. As long as there is 4 points to back it the plexi won't bend.
IMG_1305.JPG

This is The plexi-glass in the slot with the filler bar as well.
IMG_1306.JPG

This is the Magnet simple one. I was going to go with the push open ones like the old style tv cabinets had but just didn't go with it. I need to add a knob on the outside to grab to open the doors. I tried to hot glue and super glue the metal on the plexi-glass but the bend was just enough to not let it work. I wanted just a flat front but have to screw on the metal part for the magnet and need to have something to screw the bolt into.
IMG_1307.JPG

This one is just the over all picture. Hope everything looks good and you see everything and understand it clearly. Any questions comments let me know
IMG_1308.JPG

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Actually it was helpful thank you I'm thinking going with yourdesign except I'm going to put one of those thin 4ft long hindges on the top of the plexiglass and viv and ill put the magnet or one of the old fashion locks. Where you'd put that u shape metal piece on the fram and then the latch on the door and the when you close it put the latch over the u piece and then you could put like a lock on it

triumphtt

Juvie Member
That would work. I don't have the need for a lock mainly cause I let him run around all he wants so mainly the magnet is there to keep the doors closed in the winter and keep the heat in. In the summer I leave the doors off actually.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I need a lock lots of kids running around and most partiesare held at my place so don't reallywan strangers opening it lol

Denduran87

Juvie Member
just now seen it and it looks great! I like the pillar look and the ramp. Nicely done. I'm waiting to do mine until after i get a bigger enclosure for him. I have a feeling i'm going to use alot of grout and foam cus i have alot of ideas jumbling around. Just curious but how long dd it take?

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Honestly about 4 days haha.. coulda been sooner.. the big problem for me was the wood glue I put a lot then put tooth pics then flipped it over laid a cardboard then my 15lbs weight to keep pressue but the way I cut the foam it was left jagged and lot of pockets so after 12hrs of letting it dry over night when i flipped it glue was coming out from all side oh the mess... but I said f it and grouted over it anyways figured the grout will hold the glue in and when the grout dries it'll still hold the glue until it fully dried. Umm my platform is 14in wide 16in long 7inch high and it took me like to containers of premixed grout to do it 3 layers on the out side took a day to dry then grout the inside and pillars took about half the 2nd grout container then waited another day to spray paint then waited another day kept it outside under a heat lamp.. actually come to think of it I forgot to put a sealer....

Denduran87

Juvie Member
sinko562":s4u4p245 said:
Honestly about 4 days haha.. coulda been sooner.. the big problem for me was the wood glue I put a lot then put tooth pics then flipped it over laid a cardboard then my 15lbs weight to keep pressue but the way I cut the foam it was left jagged and lot of pockets so after 12hrs of letting it dry over night when i flipped it glue was coming out from all side oh the mess... but I said f it and grouted over it anyways figured the grout will hold the glue in and when the grout dries it'll still hold the glue until it fully dried. Umm my platform is 14in wide 16in long 7inch high and it took me like to containers of premixed grout to do it 3 layers on the out side took a day to dry then grout the inside and pillars took about half the 2nd grout container then waited another day to spray paint then waited another day kept it outside under a heat lamp.. actually come to think of it I forgot to put a sealer....
Learning process! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom