Last minute panic attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighmck

Tomorrow is the day....gonna get my beardie (provided PerSmart has any I like). I am a nervous wreck!!

My tank has been up and running with lights on timers, etc for a week. I am happy with that. I've gotten my vitamins and calcium, etc.

I think I am panicing over the food!!! how much dubia or crickets vs greens. I am sick to my stomach with worry!!

Please help calm me down!!!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Babies should have a diet of 80% protein and 20% greens. No food bigger than the space between their eyes.
Babies should have 10-15 minutes 2 times a day to eat as many feeders as they want. If feeding crickets, please make sure to remove every single one from the tank after feeding, or feed in a separate container. Crickets will bite your dragon.
Here is a link to recommended foods for beardies: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Good luck choosing your dragon! Look for the healthiest and most alert looking. Can't wait to hear back on your choice! :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Aw, I felt the same way with my adopted adult. :wink: All mommy's and daddy's worry. It's what pays the bills and keeps everyone safe. Your panic means that your gonna do great. It means you care. Good Luck, you'll be fine 8)

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
if you don't find a beardie you like at the pet store see if you can go to a reptile expo near you. they have a lot of healthy beardies of all different colors and sizes, and you can also pick up a lot of feeders there too.
they usually give you a discount on the feeders and supplies at the main tent if you buy a reptile. just ask for pinhead crickets. and don't worry, 1,000 seems like a lot but beardies go through those pretty quick!

leighmck

Original Poster
Thanks all! Good idea on the reptile expo if Petsmart doesnt have any. Although I am in the middle of nowhere so would have to drive a good distance for an expo. Gonna hit goggle and see if I can find one though.
My dubia colony is up and running but not ready for feeding a baby beardie so I will get crickets.

I will post pics of my baby when (if) I get him today!

Thanks all for calming me down...I'm such a nervous nelly. I'm used to snakes, beardies is all new territory for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toothadash
Top Bottom