Large crickets for my beardie ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey u guys well I jus switched my beardie to large crickets ..I threw 7 in there n he ate 6 ...so ima start feeding him six ...shud I feed him six two or three times a day ???

Here's a pik of him so u can make a better judgement ...
pharis012.jpg

pharis014.jpg

And another question if the leg paralysis were to happpen ..wen would I notice it ??

Grogshla

Juvie Member
stick to medium size.
They have softer shell, don't make noise and have more nutrients than large crickets. (the younger the cricket the more protein they have).

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that feeding medium sized crickets would be better. He looks quite small so the large size would probably be bigger than the space between his eyes and that's what you need to consider. Even though he ate 6 of the large ones that one time, it doesn't necessarily mean that he will only want that small amount the next time. I would go back to the medium sized ones and feed him all he wants to eat in about a 10 to 15 minute timeframe 2 to 3 times a day. He needs lots of protein to help him grow.

How often are you dusting with calcium and vitamins? And, could you fill us in on the brand & type of UVB you're using? Is that a round humidity gauge in his tank or is it the thermometer? Just want to make sure that everything is perfect for him.

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
he has a zoomed 10.0 ...and yes tht is a thermometer but i am going to get a temp gun soonn..and well the problem is they dont sell "medium "crickets where i live..only small or large..and the small ones are very very small..what r ur opinions on reptiworms?

i dust with regular calcium every feeding and calcium with d3 saturday and sunday....

Grogshla

Juvie Member
i would try reptiworms then.
break up the d3 one during the week and one on the weekend. Too much in one go is no good for the dragon.
p.s if you use reptiworms then bump the regular calcium dusting back to 3-4 times a week as reptiworms are already high in calcium

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
yah ima keep mixing it up tho ....crix and repti wormd..maybe one on one feeding and the other on another feeding...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom