Laminent Flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of using laminent flooring for the custom made enclosure, we have extra boards kicking around, and I figure.. that's what all the floor in the house is... beardie can run around on floor.... seems to be perfect, anybody ever used it? Seems easy to clean as well, again it's on the floor in my house! :p

** Not sure if I"m spelling it correct**

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
As in wood or vinyl? Wood I'd imagine wouldn't do well if it gets wet over and over (poo, urine) but I could be wrong. Can he get traction well when he runs around on your floors? I had vinyl tile in my viv but took it out - was too slick and he slid when running around! Now I have non-stick shelf liner until I decide on slate!

LittleDuudeIsAGirl

Hatchling Member
I think the laminent flooring would be too slick for your bd. What i did was lay down repti-carpet or the shelf liner works great from what i heard, then i went and got squares of slate and washed and sanitized them and layed those over the top of the carpet that way when they poop, you just take out a small square or two clean and put back in, also the carpet under it insure they dont slide as much as they would on glass and if the poo is a little soft and goes in between the tiles of slate you can always wash the carpet..not to mention slate naturally files their nails down:)

i would buy some slate kimmie and do what i did just lay it on the top. it works great and holds heat amazing on the warm end of the tank:) that way if your bd is lazy doesnt feel like climbing it just goes into pancake mode on the floor. :lol:

littlewing

Original Poster
LittleDuudeIsAGirl":3rc3lgd5 said:
I think the laminent flooring would be too slick for your bd. What i did was lay down repti-carpet or the shelf liner works great from what i heard, then i went and got squares of slate and washed and sanitized them and layed those over the top of the carpet that way when they poop, you just take out a small square or two clean and put back in, also the carpet under it insure they dont slide as much as they would on glass and if the poo is a little soft and goes in between the tiles of slate you can always wash the carpet..not to mention slate naturally files their nails down:)

i would buy some slate kimmie and do what i did just lay it on the top. it works great and holds heat amazing on the warm end of the tank:) that way if your bd is lazy doesnt feel like climbing it just goes into pancake mode on the floor. :lol:

We were thinking about having a section of it as slate or some other tiles, we just had some extra flooring, right at the moment we have repti carpet but want something better then that, its good and such but I'm finding the cleaning a little annoying.

LittleDuudeIsAGirl

Hatchling Member
ya i get what your saying..with the slate its really easy to clean instead of wiping it off just take out a tile or two and wipe them off then wash and put back. you could even do part slate and part repti carpet where the food is or where the cool side of the tank is cause the rock will hold the heat ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom