Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has entered the building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! They call me Meg, and my son is Matt, and our newest addition is a dragon named Elvis. He's been with us for just 4 days now, but already growing on us...and I mean that literally! He's already shedding for the first time! He's one cool little guy, we are both very happy with the new king of the house. But as a first time dragon owner, I thought it would be good for all us for me to learn as much as possible, so while on a world wide web info search, I stumbled across this forum and decided to and talk with other dragon owners as well. So, ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has entered the building!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations and welcome to this wonderful forum. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask & pictures are always welcome & ooohed over!

aDragonNamedElvis

Original Poster
Thank you! I'm actually uploading pictures right now. He's a little 'fuzzy' right now due to shedding, but I still wanted to get some photos of him. Matt wants to take one to school with him to show his buddies too. He's been so excited and talking about getting a dragon for weeks now, and when he come home with one after a trip shopping with my sister to me and my mom at her house while making Christmas candy in the kitchen, you couldn't have found a happier 13 year old. :D My Mom however didn't care too much for Matt carrying Elvis around in her house though...LOL! I think he's one cool little lizard. And I found out he likes posing for pictures too. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that's good new, it's great when you have a beardie that likes to pose. Mine still do, even though they death glare if I put that box in front of them too often! I'm glad Matt is a happy 13 yr old :D I'll be looking forward to pics!

aDragonNamedElvis

Original Poster
Thanks Sweetie! Yeah, Matt is thrilled. Elvis, however, right now is pacing his terrarium and rubbing against his bowls and his plant and glass dancing quite a bit. I think he's itchy from the shedding? Or trying to get it off? Either way he's running around quite a bit right now.

But here's Elvis!

100_3656.jpg

He's got some some orange color striping on his back...

100_3657.jpg

100_3658.jpg

100_3659.jpg

Showing his colors from up top.

100_3660.jpg

Looks like he's got a frill right now from the shedding skin.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Baths help alot with the itching, as it really is itchy for babies to shed. But shedding is such a great sign of growth. Have you given him a bath yet? Just get a small container, put a bit of warm water in it, up to his armpit and let him soak. He just might like it, as it eases the itching. You'll find that he will rub himself on anything he can get to, it's to help the skin shed. Then he'll just explode & there will be skin everywhere! The way he's growing he'll probably just finish a shed & start a new one, that's how babies shed, as they grow so quickly. He'll do that until he's almost a year old, then he'll shed in patches, which is even funnier to see.

Congrats again, he is a real cutie, as he sheds he'll show more colour, too!

Thanks so much for sharing!

aDragonNamedElvis

Original Poster
It is with a very heavy and saddened heart that I am writing this now. At just a little over 3 months of being with us, our beloved little Elvis has passed. He was such a sweet little guy with a very unique attitude and we miss him dearly already. I posted something I wish I didn't have to- a memorial for him in the Memorial section. The little dragon king of our hearts and home has left the building.....and entered a much better one over the Rainbow Bridge.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm soooo sorry to hear this. I'll check out the memorial. I hope this doesn't stop you from getting another beardie some day. I've lost 4 beardies along the years, it hurts still to have lost them. I hope you're all doing ok, take care. RIP Elvis, sweet little guy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just read your memorial to Elvis with tears in my eyes, I know how you're feeling, like a part of your heart has gone with him...from what you wrote, you're right, there was nothing you could do, he had to have had something genetic wrong that couldn't be fixed. He was loved so much, you know that, so at least that should help a little bit, that he was loved and taken care of right to the end. You'll never forget him because he'll always be in your heart. It's one of their charms, that you can love them so much. I'll be thinking of you and your son...take care
Deb

Spikey92

Juvie Member
I just read your memorial and it brought tears to my eyes. Im sooo sorry for your loss but at least he passed knowing that he was very loved .And he did know! It probably comforted him that you and your son were with him and he wasnt alone. Its always sad when an animal passes but he was with his little family ,on his favourite spot,knowing that people love him.Thats why he fell asleep so peacefully without any fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom