Lack of shedding bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
All right, so most of you know me. I have two beardies, Jace and Zy, both house separately and their vivs set up correctly thanks to everyone here. I've had them both since they were about two months old guesstimated and they have shed maybe a total of 3-4x since I've own them. Typically this wouldn't concern me, but I've seen other people comment on how much their beardies have shed.
This is their growth chart.
iV1IVQn.png

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Hi there! :)

Based on your growth chart (nice job, btw, I did that when mine were babies) they both seem to be growing at a great rate. At 16 to 17" and 6 to 7 months old, I've noticed is when they tend to start slowing down (mine did, at least, though Taz was much longer than Kaira, Taz had no tail nips and was over 22" long when he finished growing, but he slowed down before the last few "surges" in growth, Kaira is a little under 18", I believe). Your two aren't done growing, but most of the major growth spurts have likely happened (Taz appeared to be in constant sheds from 3 months to 6 months old, but Kaira shed more often than Taz did later on, Kaira got wider faster, Taz longer, so it depends on the beardie, their genetics, etc. and sometimes varies with gender). There's also no downs, they've increased in length and weight every time, so I really think you've got 2 very healthy beardies. :D
The patchy sheds will likely start for your 2 between now and 1yr to 1.5yrs or so. That's when (IMO) they get really difficult :roll: .

Hope that eased your mind some :) ,

Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom